3 to 7
about .3977 Canadian dollars.
equals about $700 billion
Jruschev’s desestalinization was the beginning of peaceful coexistence.
- USSR could expand communism and they accepted the other bloc
There was an incident with an American spy
In 1961 the USSR decided to build a wall in order to prevent their citizens from escaping to West Berlin.
The missile crisis
The CIA tried to pull down Castro’s regime with the landing of Bahía Cochinos, but they failed.
As a consequence, the Soviets placed nuclear missiles in Cuba, threatening North American cities and causing the United States to announce a military blockade.
- After several days, the Soviets dismantile their missile bases and the United States ended the blockade.
After Cuba, the two governments could communicate with each... Continue reading "coesistencia pacifista la crisis" »
Axiom: statement that is considered to be self evident and Assumed to be true without any proof or demonstration.
Theorem: A statement that has been proved on the basis of Previously established statements, such as other theorems and generally Accepted statements such axioms.
Corollary: A statement that follows with little or no proof Required from an already proven statement.
Lemma: mathematical result that is useful in establishing The truth values of some other results.
Trivial proof: the statement on the proof is trivial if we Can prove that Q(x) is true for all x in S, then for all x in S, p(x) => Q(X) is true regardless of the truth value of p(x).
Vacuous proof: the statement on the proof is vacuous if we Can prove that P(x) is true for... Continue reading "addad" »
World population: the total number of people Living on earth. This figure reached 7 billion in 2012.
1 increased Slowly before 18th c. Black death interrupted it. 2. 18th 19th c. Contemporary Age. Popu grew in Europe and n.America, improved agriculture.
3. 20th C. Contemporary age. 4. Now. 5. Future.
Population density: Total pop./area km. Average population density: 50 inhabitants per km2.
Population distribution Uneven: it is due to physical and human factors. –Physucal: some types of Natural environment usually have high Popukation. Favourable conditions include abundant water, a temperature Climate, low fertile land, and mineral resources. On the other hand, regions With little water or extreme temperatutes are less densely populated.... Continue reading "Natural movement of population" »
Present Perfect Simple: A: He has spoken. N: He has not spoken.
Q: Has he spoken? Present perfect continous: A: He has been speaking. N: He has not been speaking. Q: Has he been speaking? Past perfect simple: A: He had spoken. N: He had not spoken. Q: Had he spoken? Past perfect Continous: A: He had been speaking.N: He had not been speaking. Q: Had he been speaking? Hard up= estar mal de dinero. Well off= adinerado. Careless= imprudente. Mean= tacaño. Dear=caro. Extortionate= excesivo. Worthless= sin valor. Valuable= valioso. Rip off=timo dirá cheap=baratisimo. Stingy=tacaño importante: cuando se trata de un verbo de estado (to be , to have, to love, to hate, etc.) o de una situación ininterrumpida en el pasado, solo podemos utilizar “used... Continue reading "ingles" »
CHARLES DICKENS (VICTORIANISM)
By The time Queen Victoria succeeded her uncle, William IV, as sovereign of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland in 1837, Charles Dickens arose as a Writer of the Victorian fiction. Victorianism highly influenced Charles Dickens And his novels and we will see how some features of the period are criticized.
To begin with, we are focusing on Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, written in 1843. The novel is divided into five Staves, since the novel has the name of “Christmas Carol” and the chapters are Like the pentagrams that form this song. A Christmas Carol depicts the story of Ebenezer Scrooge, a man whose only Desire is wealth and he rejects Christmas and his family as well. After the Ghost of... Continue reading "Project on a tale of two cities by charles dickens on victorian society" »
Intuition Buildin and Motvation for Demand Forecasting
- What is Forecasting?
- The act of predicint future events
- "All supply chain decisions made before demand has materialized are made to a forecast"
- How does it apply to Disneyland?
- serves as analytical foundation for ops planning at Resort
- used by labor mgmt, maintenance, ops, finance and park scheduling
- used to adjust opening times, rides, shows, staffing levels, and guests admitted
Quantitative Approaches to Demand Forecasting
- What is a Sales/Demand Forecast?
- estimate of the level of sales you expect to achieve as a function of time
- serves as basis for supply chain decisions
- What are the characteristics of Forecasts?
- Forecasts are always wrong/ inaccurate and should thus include both the expected value
LANGUAGE TECHNIQUES :
Comparatives and Superlatives
Data Claims (%)
High Level Adjectives (amazing,fantastic…)
Alliteration (hitzetako soinua errepikatzea)
Using short simple sentences
Using rhetorical questions
• What is the name of the company?(IKEA)
• What techniques can you identify? (The slogan, logo, picture...)
• Who is the target audience? (To families)
• What is the main (explicit) message of the advert? (That ikea family card is directed to families (Explicit). That the ikea family card is directed to all kind of families (implicit))
• Are there any other messages?
• Are its techniques effective? (Yes.)
• Does it give you... Continue reading "Discourse of advertising" »