1. 18 Is it a requirement for the ARPA to provide warning on connected external equipment?
2. Is it a requirement for an ARPA to be sea and ground stabilised?
3. Comparing manual and automatic acquisition, which is most sensitive?
4. What is the difference between a tracking gate and a tracking window?
It is the same thing
5. What is the purpose of digitizing the radar echoes?
The ARPA tracking system only work with digital signals
6. What is the purpose of the steady course filter?
Provide stabile target information
7. Can a target reduction of speed activate the fast filter?
8. Can a target course change deactivate the slow filter?
9. According to IMO Res. A823 (19) all ARPA systems should be able to present PAD?
10. What does the lost target warning tell?
A target can no longer be plotted
11. Comparing manual and automatic acquisition, which is most sensitive?
12. What is the correct course input to an ARPA system?
13. What is the correct speed input to an ARPA used for traffic surveillance?
Speed through water
14. What is the most important when using ARPA lat/log information?
Own ships position to the ARPA must be correct
15. Which ARPA presentations provide the information Closest to what you see through the bridge window?
True motion, Course up, True vector
16. What is the meaning of “impure ARPA presentation?
Presenting True vectors on a relative presentation
17. How does current and drift effect the relative motion, relative vector presentation?