- What information is added during encapsulation at OSI Layer 3?
* IP source address and destination
"Which of the following is correct for a system offline.
* No contacts the destination before sending a package.
- Which IP packet field will prevent endless loops?
- What portion of the address of the network layer using a router to forward packets?
* network portion
-Refer to the exhibit. With the network of the presentation, what would be the default gateway address for host A in the 188.8.131.52 network?
"If the default gateway is configured incorrectly on the host,
- What is the impact on communications?
* The host can communicate with other hosts on the local network but can not communicate with hosts on remote networks.
- What is the purpose of a default gateway?
* identifies the device that allows computers to communicate with the local network with other network devices.
- What kind of routing uses information that is introduced to the routing table manually?
"When the destination network is not in the list of the routing table of a Cisco router,
- What are the two possible actions that the router could do? (Choose two.)
* The router discards the packet.
* The router forwards the packet to the interface specified by the default route entry.
- What are the key factors that must be taken into account, when grouping hosts into a common network? (Choose three.)
- What is a component of an entry in the routing table?
* address next-hop
- What intermediary devices can be used to implement security between networks? (Choose two.)
- What are the three common problems that presents a large network? (Choose three.)
* performance degradation
* security issues
* Host ID
-Refer to the exhibit. All devices shown in the presentation have factory default settings. How many broadcast domains are represented in the topology shown?
- What are the three true statements about the routes and their use? (Choose three.)
* If the destination network connects directly, the router forwards the packet to the destination host.
* If there is no route to the destination network and presents a default route, it forwards the packet to the next hop router.
* If the source host has a configured default gateway, you can forward the packet to a remote network via that route.
-Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator attempts to resolve a connectivity problem and
must determine the address used to forward network packets out the network. If you use the command netstat-r, is the administrator to identify which direction to accomplish all hosts send packets with a destination outside the network?
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator warns that too many broadcasts on the network
- What are the two steps for the network administrator to resolve this problem? (Choose two.)
* Replace S2 with a router.
Dividing the network into subnets 192.168.0.0 / 24.
Refer to the exhibit. The presentation network is fully functioning. What two statements correctly describe the routing for the topology shown? (Choose two.)
* 192.168.0.2 is the address of next hop using R3 to route a packet from network 10.0.0.0 to the 172.16.0.0 network.
* 192.168.0.1 is the next-hop address using R2 to route a packet from the 172.16.0.0 network to the 192.168.12.0 network.
- What are the two characteristics commonly associated with dynamic routing protocols? (Choose two.)
* provide routers with routing tables updated
* consume bandwidth to exchange route information
- Which statement describes the purpose of a default route?
* A host uses a default route to transfer data to a host outside the local network when no other route to the destination.
CCNA 1 cap6
-Refer to the exhibit. Which network prefix will work with the IP addressing scheme shown in the graph?
* / 27
- Which IPv4 subnetted addresses represent valid host addresses? (Choose three.)
* 172.16.4.155 / 26
* 172.16.4.193 / 26
* 172.16.4.207 / 27
- Which of the following processes used by routers to determine the network address of the subnet based on an IP address and subnet mask given
* binary AND operation
What subnet mask of a network administrator assign a network address of 172.30.1.0 if it were possible to have up to 254 hosts?
- What are the three private IP addresses? (Choose three.)
Given the IP address and subnet mask of 172.16.134.64 255,255,255,224, which of the following would describe this address?
· This is a network address.
At a router interface is assigned an IP address of 172.16.192.166 with a mask of 255.255.255.248. What subnet IP address belongs?
Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator has assigned the internetwork of LBMISS an address range of 192.168.10.0. This address range has been divided into subnets using a mask / 29. In order to equip a new building, the technician has decided to use the fifth subnet for configuring the new network (the first subnet is the subnet zero). According to company policy, is always assigned the router interface to the first usable host address
and the workgroup server is given the last usable host address. Which of the following settings should be entered in the server properties of the working group to enable connectivity to the network?
* IP address: 192.168.10.38 subnet mask: 255.255.255.248 gateway
Which of the following network devices are recommended to assign static IP addresses? (Choose three.)
* Network Printer
Which of the following are features of IPv6? (Choose three.)
* increased address space
* data types and classes of service
* authentication and encryption
What is the main reason for the development of IPv6? * Expanded addressing capabilities
What two things will happen if a router receives an ICMP packet that has a value of TTL (Time To Live) of 1 and the destination host is several hops away? (Choose two.)
* The router will discard the packet.
* The router will send a Time Exceeded message to the source host.
-Refer to the exhibit. Why show the response after issuing the command
ping 127.0.0.1 on a PC?
* The Internet Protocol is not installed correctly on the host.
How many bits make up an IPv4?
* Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator discovers that host A has issues
Internet connectivity, but the server farm has full connectivity. In addition, host A has full connectivity to the server farm. What is the source of the problem?
* We require the NAT to the host network A.
* What are the three truths about the network portion of an IPv4 address? (Choose three.)
* is identical for all hosts in a broadcast domain
* varies in length
* is used to forward packets
What do we call a group of hosts that have identical bit patterns in the high-order bits of their addresses?
* a network
What is the network address of the host 172.25.67.99 / 23 in binary?
* 10,101,100. 00011001.01000010.00000000
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator must develop an addressing scheme
IP address space using the 192.168.1.0 / 24. We have already directed the network that contains the serial link to a separate range. Each network is assigned the same number of host addresses. What netmask must be adequate to addressing the other networks?
CCNA 1 cap7
What are the three factors to be taken into account when implementing a Layer 2 protocol in a network? (Choose three.)
* the geographical scope of the network
* implementing the physical layer
* the number of hosts that will interface
-Refer to the exhibit. Assuming that the network is convergent presentation, which means
that the routing tables and ARP tables are complete, which of the following MAC addresses to place the Host in the destination address field of Ethernet frames to www.server?
- What options are properties of access to media based in contention for shared media? (Choose three.)
* less expenses
* there are collisions
What is true of physical and logical topologies? * Logical topologies consist of virtual connections between nodes.
- What determines the method of the Media Access Control (MAC)? (Choose two.)
* Media Sharing
* logical topology
- What is true regarding media access control? (Choose three.)
* Ethernet uses CSMA / CD
* is defined as the location of data frames in the media
* The protocols of data link layer defines the rules for access to different media
- What statements describe the logical topology token passing? (Choose two.)
* It enables computers to transmit data only when they possess a token.
* Electronic tokens are passed sequentially to each other.
He has requested a network administrator to provide a graphical representation of the exact location in the building of network cabling and equipment of the company. What kind of picture is it?
* physical topology
- Which of the following statements are true regarding addresses found at each layer of the OSI model? (Choose two.)
* Layer 2 may identify devices by a physical address recorded on the network card
* a Layer 3 represents a hierarchical addressing scheme
-Refer to the exhibit. Which statement describes the methods of medium access control using networks in the presentation?
* The Network 1 uses CSMA / CD and Network 3 uses CSMA / CA.
-Refer to the exhibit. How many unique CRC calculations will take place when traffic is routed from PC to the laptop?
-Refer to the exhibit. It sends a frame from the PC to the laptop. What destination IP addresses and MAC will be included in the plot as part of RouterB? (Choose two.)
* Source MAC - Fa0 / 1 on RouterB
* Source IP - PC
- What sublayer of data link layer prepares a signal is transmitted at the physical layer?
- Which statements are true when a device moves from one network or subnet to another? (Choose two.)
* The device will continue to operate in the same direction on Layer 2.
* You must reassign the Layer 3 address to allow communications to the new network.
- What is a function of the data link layer? * Provides data sharing through common local media
- What is a characteristic of a logical point to point topology?
* The protocol for media access control can be very simple.
- What is one of the main purposes of encapsulation of packets into frames?
* easy entry and exit data in the media
- What is the main purpose of the trailer in a web of data link layer?
* allow the detection of errors in the plot
- What are the three characteristics of valid addresses for Layer 2 Ethernet? (Choose three.)
* They have a length of 48 binary bits.
* They are considered physical addresses.
* Usually are represented in hexadecimal format.