1.A population is a collection of individual items.
2.A census is when every member of the population is investigated.
3. A sample is a selection of individual members or items from a population.
4. A finite population is one in which each individual member can be given a number.
5. An infinite population is one in which it is impossible to number each member.
6. A sampling unit is an individual member of a population.
7. A sampling frame is a list of sampling units used in practice to represent a population.
8. A statistic is a quantity calculated solely from the observations on a sample.
9. A statistic has a sampling distribution that is defined by giving all possible values of the statistic and the prob. Of each occurring.