21. I don’t like this food as much as you do.
You LIKE THIS FOOD MORE THAN I DO.
22. What particularly impressed me was her accent-free pronunciation.
I WAS PARTICULARLY IMPRESSED BY HER ACCENT-FREE PRONUNTIATION.
23. The result of the match was never in doubt.
At no time WAS THE RESULT OF THE MATCH DOUBTED.
24. This will be the orchestra’s first performance outside London.
This will be the first time THE ORCHESTRA HAVE PERFORMED OUTSIDE LONDON.
25. How long has this roof been leaking?
When DID THE ROOF START TO LEAK?
26. A waiter spilled soup over Lydia’s new dress last night.
Lydia HAS SOUP SPILLED OVER HER NEW DRESS BY THE WAITER LAST NIGHT.
27. I haven’t heard from home recently.
My FAMILY HASN’T WRITTEN TO ME RECENTLY.
28. I suppose you didn’t enjoy that party very much, did you?
You can’t HAVE ENJOYED THAT PARTY VEY MUCH, CAN YOU?
29. It’s a good thing I had my cheque-book on me. We would have been in trouble otherwise.
If I HAND`T HAD MY CHEQUE-BOOK, WE WOULD HAVE BEEN IN TROUBLE.
30. It would be a good idea if you went and asked her yourself.
You’d BETTER GO AND ASK HER.
31. The violent criticism of the Prime Minister was quite unjustified.
There WAS NO JUSTIFICATION FOR THE VIOLENT CRISICISM OF THE PRIME MINISTER.
32. Whose is that car outside the gate?
Who does THE CAR OUTSIDE THE GATE BELONG TO?
33. If it doesn’t rain soon, a lot of our crops will be lost.
Unless IT RAINS, WI WILL LOSE LOTS OF CROPS.
34. It won’t make any difference if it rains because we’ll still go.
We will still go WHETHER IT RAINS OR NOT.
35. I would do anything in the world for him.
There’s NOTHING IN THE WORLD I WOULDN’T DO FOR HIM.
36. Veronica remembered and so did Dorothy.
Veronica didn't FORGET AND NEITHER DID DOROTHY.
37. Aren’t they ever going to bring us the breakfast I ordered for 8 o’clock?
Aren't we GOING TO BE BROUGHT THE BREAKFAST I ORDERED FOR 8 O'CLOCK?
38. The people who were there can remember nothing unusual happening.
Nobody WHO WAS THERE CAN REMEMBER ANYTHING UNUSUAL HAPPENGING.
39. It was my refusal to obey the policeman that caused my arrest.
It was because I REFUSED TO OBEY THE POLICEMAN THAT I GOT ARRESTED.