Use 5 words maximum.
1. I told him that he had to apologize to me
And he did so. (made)
I MADE HIM APOLOGIZE TO ME and so he did.
2. You lost your temper but it wasn’t
There WAS NO NEED FOR YOU to lose your temper.
3. The work was easy so it wasn’t necessary
For me to try hard. (need)
I DIDN´T NEED TO TRY hard because the
Work was easy.
4. She worked harder than was necessary.
She NEEDN´T HAVE WORKED SO hard.
5. Ane wouldn’t be able to do a job with a
Lot of responsibility. (capable)
Ane wouldn’t BE CAPABLE OF
DOING a job with a lot of responsibility.
6. It’s possible that he heard you say that.
He COULD HAVE HEARD YOU SAY that.
7. Perhaps he’s been having too many late
He MIGHT HAVE BEEN HAVING too many late nights.
8. A friend told me that this was a good place
A few weeks ago. (recommended)
A friend RECOMMENDED ME THIS PLACE
A few weeks ago. (Another possibility is recommended this place to
9. “Don’t turn up late,” the teacher told
The teacher WARNED US NOT TO TURN up late.
10. I don’t think she will make up her mind
She is NOT LIKELY TO MAKE up her mind.
3. Word formation exercise.
A job with risks
Naturally the (1)
SAFETY (SAFE) of the stunt performer
Is important. Much depends on planning to the (2) TINIEST
(TINY) detail. There’s no time
For (3) CARELESS
(CARE) mistakes. A stunt man or woman often has only one chance of
Getting things right, (4) UNLIKE
(LIKE) film stars, who can, if necessary, film a scene (5) REPEATEDLY
(REPEAT) until it gains the director’s approval.