Clarin's narrative work: Clarín cultivated criticism, essays, novels and stories. Its production was intended to be aesthetically and morally reader.
Educated man and a great connoisseur of European literature and philosophy, analyzed and considered the contemporary novel about the theater and poetry.
In his narrative combination of different influences:
· Certain elements of naturalism.
• The religiosity of the spiritual currents of late nineteenth century.
Clarin Fairy Tales are basically of two types:
· Those in the prevailing affection.
· Those in the prevailing critical derision.
The Ruler: Clarin's novel The production consists of only two works: 1.La Regenta.2.su only son.
In the judge's wife, Clarín addresses the conflict in the pursuit of ideal love in a mediocre and hostile environment, it is the story of a lack of love and friendship. Themes and Characters: The story is built around a love triangle: two men, Don Fermin de Pas and the Don Juan Alvaro Messiah, and a woman, Ana Ozores, the judge's wife, whose nickname came from by her husband, regent, and which does not appear in the love triangle.
The novel develops the theme of adultery.
The narrative centers on Ana Ozores, Fermin de Pas and Vetusta City (Oviedo), where industry hypocrisy, greed, immorality and ignorance.
Literature is an important component of the work: Ana lets readings, poems, diary, etc. Structure: The judge's wife has a beginning in medias res and is structured in two parts, corresponding to an unequal amount of time.
· Part. The first fifteen chapters of the novel take place over three days, and in these characters are presented and describes the physical environment, social and religious Vetusta.
• Second part. The last fifteen chapters in the book include three years of history and develops in them the true storyline of the play: the struggle by Ana Fermin, their separation and the victory of Alvaro. The novel ends with Anna buried in her solitude, rejected by the city and Fermin.
Narrative work of Galdós's extensive literary production of enriched Galdós evolved various inputs. As a novelist known for creating characters and their ability to integrate the country's history in the lives of these creatures. Episodios nacionales. It is 46 stories divided into 5 series, each of ten, but the last six episodes. They are short stories about the major events of nineteenth-century Spain, where episodes are narrated also the daily lives of fictional characters. Novels of the first period.
Afrom Doña Perfecta Galdós novels written thesis, which expose ideological conflicts and anticlerical religious theme.
The characters and plots are subject to copyright and ideas fall into the Manichean good versus evil.
In these novels dominate the ideals of freedom, tolerance and progress, and the means used to present his thesis is the behavior and opinions of the characters. Contemporary novels. In these novels, Galdós invents a fictional world, reflecting the reality of the time and in which Madrid takes on a role.
Through the neighborhoods of Madrid, the author offers his vision of Spain at the time. His realism is enhanced by the creation of more complex characters and incorporates natural elements.
At this time, Galdos develops several narrative techniques:
· Predominance of omniscient narrator of the story.
· Dialogues that offer different perspectives on reality.
· Interior monologue, free indirect style and theatrical way.
· Employment of humor, irony and parody. Spiritualist novels. In these novels of Galdós prevail gospel values of love and Christian charity. These shows reflect new social conditions and the fin de siecle crisis that involves a transformation of realism, coming to an end. Latest novel. In these last works blending realism with the fantastic and amazing. They are points of contact with the end of the century writers, who express confidence in education to transform the country.