Generation of '27
They began to publish their works in the year 20.
They were born in the near future (between 1892 and 1906), Friendship and relationships between them: living together in the student residence in Madrid, collaboration in the same journals, influence on all of Juan Ramon Jimenez and the avant-garde; claim of poetry Gongora, for what it represented pure poetic language and formal perfection. To celebrate the 3rd anniversary of his death, which was fulfilled precisely in 1927, organized a series of events, the inclusion of all in the Anthology prepared by Gerardo Diego in 1932. The poets who were part of the group were: Pedro Salinas, Jorge Guillén, Federico García Lorca, Rafael Alberti.
The search for new themes and forms of expression did not bring a break with the past.
Modern influences of the various streams vanguardiastas,
Attempt to link with the Spanish literary tradition.
Techniques: free verse, the cult of image and metaphor, pure poetry and dehumanized or new issues of modern life
1-Influence of lyric poetry and popular traditional influence of pure poetry, the purpose of poetry is the artistic emotion, admiration for the classics, especially the highly artistic and poetic language of Gongora.
2nd rehumanization Process and neoromanticism
Frederico Garcia Lorca
Born in 1898.Estudio Fuentevaqueros in Law and Arts in Madrid where he met important writers + da time.
Topics: There are two worlds in the poetry of Lorca 1 cheerful and vital, to folklore and popular tradition Andalusian another 2 dramatic and bitter, marked by the theme of tragic destiny, the frustration and the inability of personal accomplishment.
Style Her inspiration and fine artistic intuition are linked to total mastery of the techniques and resources of poetry the rhythm and music, the + original cutting-edge procedures, the classical verse and free verse, creating metaphors
Book of poems influenced by Becquer, Machado and Juan Ramon Jimenez
Songs - In the forms of folklore and popular children's folk songs do not hide the themes of frustration and the tragic fate as the famous song of rider.
Poema del Cante Janus-darkest motives of Andalusian popular song Lorca serve to project their own anxieties.
Gypsy Ballads, the book represents the fusion of the popular cult.
Poet in New ork-Written as a result of the poet's stay in that city, is the important book + surrealiesmo Spanish.
Lament for Ignacio Sanchez Mejias Merte-Elegia funeral made to the root of the murto bullfighter Ignacio Sanchez Mejias friend of the poet.
Sonnets of Dark Love -
Narrate is to tell or relate events occurring in space or time.
The narrative can be:
- Literary narratives and imaginary facts-They have artistic purpose: tales, legends, novels, poems. The stories can be realistic imaginary fantasies.
- They nonfiction stories-true facts and are intended to inform, and anecdotes of everyday life, news or reports.
The literary narrative is always an imaginary tale, whose primary purpose is to produce aesthetic pleasure in the receiver, listener or reader.
Elements of literary narratives
Narrator. It is a fictional entity of which the author uses to convey the story can take different points of view:
3rd person narration:
- Omniscient Narrator "It's sort of all-knowing god: know everything that happened in the past, sometimes anticipating the future and interpret the thoughts and feelings of the characters, tends to objectively describe the scenarios where events unfold.
- Narrator Objective - Act as it were a film camera that records what is perceived sense: facts, actions, events. But not penetrate inside the characters. Although total objectivity in the account does not exist.
In 1st person narrative
- Protagonist narrator - the narrator is in the story as a character actor. The impression given of the facts is subjective and selective
- Narrator testi go - sometimes the narrator is not the protagonist but another character in the play that relates what he sees as a witness of events.
History. It is the action consisting of a series of events that happen to characters in a given space and time
- Events-This is the set of facts that are the reason
- Characters - fictional beings are causing events. Usually take the form of people, but can also be animals or things that make human characters to act.
- Space and time - The events are part of a space and time.
- The environment - is the set of feelings that the story produces in the listener or reader, because the circumstances surrounding the characters space, the facts.