APPROACHES TO ASSESS THE DEVELOPMENT AND UTILITY
1 .. APPROACH processes or operations .- analyzes the administration from the standpoint of what the administrator to deserve that name. Example, an organization chart.
BEHAVIORAL .- 2.ENFOQUE focuses on the behavior of each in terms of their relationships with others and its effect on the administration.
PSYCHOLOGICAL .- 3.ENFOQUE studies the social system, different cultures and its effect on the administration, taking into account ethical considerations, the influence of the community, sinidcatos, etc..
SYSTEMATIC 4.ENFOQUE .- for a system needs to be given results from another.
QUANTITATIVE .- administration 5.ENFOQUE expressed in numerical terms resulting definite answers to administrative problems.
FUNCTIONS OF THE ADMINISTRATOR
In the cheap hotels or budget hotels "derive their income by 100% of rooms
The casino hotels casino get 60%, 20% of the rooms and 20% of services
The full-service hotels get 60% of the rooms and the rest of A & B.
It is the department with the largest number of employees on site. Responsible for the cleanliness of the hotel, rooms, corridors, offices, common areas, etc..
1 .- .- CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
2 .- .- PERSONAL TRAINING every hotel employee must be trained to interact with peers, interact with other hotel departments and with customers.
3 .- .- SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT Orders, storage, control, re-ordering, housekeeper along with the controller may have a pattern of life of the equipment used.
4 .- .- OFFICE WORK are all reports to be kept. The most voluminous is the time to keep a good record of payment given the large number of employees.
QUALITY vs QUANTITY OF WORK WORK
If performance standards are high, ie it requires a high degree of quality in the work, then the amount of work that can make an employee is very low. If, however, these standards are low, then one employee may make a lot of work.
Make sure that employees have the necessary equipment to perform his duties and supplies.
In the inventories we have two types of items, recyclables and non-recyclable.
DEPARTMENT OF RESERVATIONS
The rooms department is responsible to capture and handle requests for reservations. The same works in close coordination with the department staff reception and housekeeping.
The department must determine the availability of the hotel, quoting the room rates, make and confirm reservations and document them.
The department is composed of a reservation manager who oversees and directs the good performance of the department and reservation agents who carry out the functions to address the reservations that arrive by different means of communication, group bookings, reservations agency tout Internet or operators, to handle money from deposits to secure reservations for.
ORGANIZATION OF THE DEPARTMENT
· · MANAGER RESERVATIONS:
* It controls and coordinates all reservations
* Maintain control over the accuracy of the information given by the booking agents
* Monitors and controls the shares of the suppliers (travel agency) to ensure not exceeding the contracted number of rooms in each category.
* Maintain relationships with suppliers coordiales
* Review and modify the room rates according to the instructions of the relevant departments.
* Ensure that the database of the updated computer center
* Ensures that all booking request is answered the same day
* Ensure accuracy in the preparation of reports: forecast, occupation, etc.. giving special attention to market trends to prevent overbooking and build demand.
· · Booking agent:
* Its main objective is to sell rooms
* Takes reservations and computing.
* Maintain updated the computer center for a forecast as close to reality as possible.
* Prepares reports of the department
* Supports the reservations manager in its activities attention of suppliers, guests, etc..
* Attend the suggestions and complaints from guests at the hotel regarding room assignments and reservations.
OTHER FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT
· · Post charges Deposit
· Monitor the availability of rooms
· Attending the reception staff in the process of check in / check out when necessary
· Prepare the list of arrivals to reception
ORGANIZATION OF THE DEPARTMENT
· · MANAGER RECEPTION:
* Define job functions
* Intervenes in the recruitment process.
* Supervise the work of their subordinates
* Participate in daily meetings with other heads of departments
* Prepares work schedules reception staff
* Check the billing of the accounts of the guests.
* Maintain updated employee training.
To be a manager's reception is necessary to have a number of important qualities:
> Capacity Planning
> Good human resource management
> Ability to resolve unforeseen
· · SUPERVISOR OF RECEIPT:
* Coordinates and supervises the work of reception staff
* Ensure the achievement of total customer satisfaction
* Keep staff informed of activities and management arrangements
* Make sure that the fees charged are correct
* Supports staff in problem-solving
* Check to ensure that reports are correct
· · CLERK:
* Welcomes guests
* Sells and assigns rooms
* Da General Hotel Information
* Make check the guest
* Check the room report done by a housekeeper
* Take control of entry / departure of guests
* Reports to housekeeper check out the rooms for cleaning
* Take control of the keys to the room
"Spoiled children RECEPTION"
· · Room keys
· SECURITY BOXES
SAFETY AND SECURITY
"safety" refers to current conditions in a work environment. "security" refers to the prevention of theft, fire and other emergencies.
The departments of the hotel where there is an increased risk of accidents are: maintenance and housekeeping.
The hotel management must know everything regarding the laws governing the work environment in terms of accident and medical insurance, utilities, etc..
Managers must also train employees to be able to recognize those situations that are potentially dangerous.
There are 3 rules that employees can apply for help to have a safe work environment:
1 .. Take adequate time .- No job is so urgent that have to be so insecure and hasty.
2.Corregir unsafe conditions immediately .-
3.Make things right from the start .-
In a day of work, the housekeeping staff and maintenance heavy lifting, climbing stairs, using dangerous machinery and chemicals for cleaning. All these activities represent a potentially dangerous situation.
Stairs: when going to select a ladder to perform work must be inspected their conditions, height and base.
Metal ladders should never be used near electrical equipment.
They must be high enough so that the wearer can do the job without too steep or extended.
They should be placed so that the base is at least a quarter of the height of the ladder away from the wall. You should never rely on windows or uneven surfaces
Machinery: all employees must be trained and authorized to use the machines. Must suplirseles protective equipment as required.
for people wishing to visit that country for the purpose of meeting him, as a tourist, and no person is allowed to do business within the country to which they visit or work on this, just spend money. Except for other visas it is usually free. Usually have durations between 1 and 6 months.
Passport is internationally valid document that identifies the owner, issued by the authorities of a country, which certifies the license or legal authorization to enter or leave it, by international ports.
Tourism comprises the activities of persons traveling to and staying in places outside their usual environment for a period less than one consecutive year for leisure, business and other reasons.