Service (servicio): cooperation, help, Aid, support
- Teachers are at the service of their students.
Complaint (S) (quejas): grievance, reproach
- I made a complaint in the bank after my credit card was cloned.
Customer satisfaction (satisfaccion de los consumidores): measure of how Products and servicessupplied by a company meet or surpasscustomer expectation
- Many companies carry out surveys so as to check customer satisfaction.
Strategy (estrategia): approach, tactics
- If you want to sell a product, youmust have a good strategy.
Good customer Service (buen servicio para los consumidores) :the quality provision Of service toclients before, duringand after a purchase
- Good customer service is important forbusinesses if they want
Customers tocome back.
High quality (alta Calidad): excellence
- High quality products are usuallyvery expensive.
Query (-ies) (consulta): question, inquiry, doubt
You have a query you must call the helpline.
To pay for (pagar por Algo): to cover the cost of
- You have to pay for a productbefore leaving a store.
To deliver (distribucion): to distribute, Allocate, hand out
- Bazuca deliver films that customersbuy on the Internet.
To handle (para Manejar): to work, manage, operate
- The manager needs to handlethis situation personally.
Mistake (error): error
- Many companies pay for their
Mistakesby losing money.
Poor service (mal Servicio): the bad provision of service to clientsbefore, during and after a Purchase
- Poor service usually costs businessesa loss of customers.
To deal with (para Tartar): to handle, manage, do business with
- Call centre workers have to deal with manycomplaints every day.
To train (para Entrenar): to instruct, tutor, enlighten, teach
- The human resources department trainsits workers in how to deal
Politely (cortesmente): cordially, amiably
- Call centre operators must speak politely atall times even though
Customersare sometimes quite rude.