1. 1) They think that the burglar climbed through a Window.
a)It is thought that the burglar climbed in Through a window
b)The burglar is thought to have climbed in Through a window
2. 2) They say that she owns five houses
a)It is said that she owns 5 houses
b)She is said to own 5 houses
3. 3) They once believed that the earth was flat
a)It was once believed that the earth was flat
b)The earth was once believed to be flat
4. 4) They reported that the ship sank very quickly
a)It was reported that the ship sank very quickly
b)The ship was reported to have sunk very quickly
5. 5) They expect that the goverment will raise taxes.
a)It is expect that the goverment will raise Taxes.
b)The Goverment is expected to raise taxes
6. 6) They now know that the car was stolen
a)It is now known that the car was stolen
b)The car is now known to have been stolen
verb + infinitive. Arrange, hope, refuse, want, expect, Agree EJ: HOPE TO BE CHOOSEN
verb + gerund or infinitive: continue, prefer, remember
It is believed that the ice cream was ivented in China in About 650 ----Ice cream is believed to have been invented in China about 650
It is thought that the wead was cultivated...