1. Key market observation
‐ (WHY?) What ONE problem/need (only 1) can the Brand SOLVE/SATISFY to the market that will help the
creative agency understand the business? • Just provide the basics.
2. Source of business (€)
‐ Where, SPECIFICALLY, is the business expected to come from? (Why would they pay money for it)
NO general descriptions, ONLY specific sources.
e.G., people unhappy with the “X” restrictions on their current brand.
3. Consumer barrier/insight
‐ What ONE thing is known about the potential TA that may help reach them or may need to be Overcome?
• What do they ALREADY know, think, or feel about the Brand (or product category) ? • How do they distinguish between different brands ?
4. Target market
‐ What is the most CLEAR DESCRIPTION that can be offered of potential Target Audience ?
• It is important to provide enough information so the agency can imagen whom they are Addressing to.
• Description must go further than a simple listing of demographics or lifestyle characteristics. 5. Communication objectives & tasks
‐ What Communication Tasks are to be accomplished? => From IMC PLANNING WORKSHEET
‐ What is the main specific Communications Objective for this creative?
• Designate the Primary Objective (category need, brand awareness, brand attitude, purchase Intention)
6. Brand attitude strategy
‐ How do consumers take decisions in their brain?
• Is the decision high or low involvement? Informational or transformational?
7. Benefit claim and support
‐ What is the primary consumer benefit and why?
• Identify the benefit claim that is most strongly associated with the need/motivation, and provide The evidence that supports this choice.
• E.G. If consumer motivation is upon incomplete satisfaction, point out comparative advantages & How they should be presented.
8. Desired consumer response
‐ What is it that the TA should know, think, feel, or do as a result of this communication?
• This should be a brief summary of what is expected to happen. Target Audience reaction.
9. Creative guidelines
‐ What TACTICS are appropriate for the type of Brand awareness involved, and for the strategic Rossiter‐
Percy grid quadrant chosen?
10. Requirements/mandatory content
‐ What requirements, either creatively, legally, or corporately, must be included? • E.G. Logo treatment, legal advice...