I. COMPLETE THE IDEAS WITH THE CORRECT QUESTION TAGS
1. Mr. Hamilton isn´t going to work for that company, _________
2. Dan played soccer last Monday, ___________
3. You´ll understand the instructions, ____________
4. We won´t need to visit the museum again, ___________
5. They have a lot of friends, _____________
6. I know, I know, I am completely wrong, ___________
7. The boys would prefer to sit at the back, ____________
II. USE THE COMPARATIVE OR THE SUPERLATIVE CASE
1. Amy is the _____________ (interesting) girl I´ve ever known.
2. What´s the _____________ (good) thing about John for you?
3. Your bicycle is much _____________ (fast) than mine.
4. His new novel is _____________ (entertaining) than his last one.
5. I didn´t win the lottery this time, but maybe next time I´ll be _________ (lucky)
6. Good heavens! It´s much __________ (hot) than it was yesterday.
7. Dad told us the __________ (scary) ghost story we had heard.
III. WRITE “TOO MANY”, “TOO MUCH”, OR “NOT ENOUGH” AS NECESSARY
1. I think you bought __________ bread for dinner. We´re just the two of us.
2. Ed couldn´t finish the work because there was __________ paper.
3. There were _____________ cars that I arrived late for the interview.
4. Sorry, but there is _______________ money to get all the articles.
5. There were _______________ boys in the class that I didn´t see my son.
6. There is ______________ cheese to make sandwiches. Sorry.
7. Come on, teach, that´s _______________ homework for a weekend.
IV. CHANGE THESE SENTENCES TO PASSIVE VOICE
1. Someone took the books to the library.
2. Teacher checks the exams carefully.
3. Mr. Smith painted the room blue.
4. We practice swimming after class every day.
5. My clients paid me in the morning.
6. Eddy found a very interesting book in the ruins.
7. Police officers investigate a lot of crimes in town.
V. USE “WIL / WON´T” OR “BE GOING TO” AS REQUIRED
1. Emma never cleans her room, and I think her mother _______ be angry with her.
2. You are not doing the homework correctly. Let me. I____ help you.
3. I´m so excited because my family and I _______________ travel to Egypt tomorrow.
4. Someone is knocking at the door. Don´t stand up, I___________ answer it.
5. What ________ you ___________ do next week?
6. You never water that poor plant. I´m afraid it ___________ die soon.
7. What time ________ your father ___________ arrive home?
VI. INSERT “FOR” OR “SINCE”
1. Tom and Jane have had the same car ________ a year.
2. Things haven´t been the same ____________ you´re not with me.
3. My next door neighbour has been drinking ___________ last night.
4. I´ve worked for this company ___________ more that five years.
5. She´s been divorced _____________ 1990.
6. I´ve been studying English _____________ I was in elementary school.
7. We´ve practiced the piano _____________ six hours.
VII. USE THE CORRECT FORM OF “MAKE”, “TAKE”, OR “HAVE”
1. Believe me, I really __________ a good time at the party.
2. You´re very tired, why don´t you ___________ a break. Your deserve it.
3. I hope we are _____________ progress in English.
4. I´m happy because my Dad ____________ interest in my future plans.
5. You should _________ a better offer for that automobile.
6. It´s time to _____________ a decisión. Be brave.
7. Everyone was worried until Bob __________ the best idea of his life.
VIII. CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER
1. If she calls / will call me, I invite / will invite her.
2. What do you / will you do if you lose / will lose your job
3. They tell /will tell the truth, if you don´t give / won´t give him the money.
4. If the president is / will be there, we have / will have to say hello.
5. You don´t / won´t go out, if you are / will be sick.