tell: when, where, howdone.
time: first, next, after that, at o'clock, after a while, just then.
where: in the house, down the dark steet, al around the dragon.
How done: slowly, gently, as quick as flash, whithout stopping.
Active vs passive:
Active: Subject does action. Fireman put outs fire.
Passive: Talk about what happens not who does it.
In case: en caso
unless: a menos que, a no ser que
provide that: siempre que
as long as: mientras todo el tiempo que
sice: ya que/ desde que/ pues
ir- always begin with the letter r. Negative
non- may begin with a vowel or a consonant: nonsense, nonfiction.
un: unable, undo,
negative prefixes: a (asexual), dis(disagree), il(ilegal), im(imposible), in(ineligible)
stuffed: hasta el punto de estallar
come in handy: util en una situacion
lurk: esperar, a veces esconderse
tail end: la ultima parte de algo.
run up: deuda.
take out: un prestamo de hipoteca
find out: sobre el robo
make up: una historia una mentira
kack into: una base de datos
sort out: un problema, un asunto
mixed conditional: would, could, might. ( something hypothetical)
reflexive pronouns: for herself, by myselh, himself
future perfect continous: will have been.
future perfect: will have
- The Zero Conditional:
- (if + present simple, ... Present simple)
- If you heat water to 100 degrees, it boils.
- The First Conditional:
- (if + present simple, ... Will + infinitive)
- If it rains tomorrow, we'll go to the cinema.
- The Second Conditional:
- (if + past simple, ... Would + infinitive)
- If I had a lot of money, I would travel around the world.
- (if + past perfect, ... Would + have + past participle)
- If I had gone to bed early, I would have caught the train.