B-. Coercive Acts or intolerable acts - brought on by the tea party.
1-. The Boston Port Act June 1, 1774 - closed the port until the tea was paid for
3-. The Mass. Government Act - Increased the power of the Governor. - General Gage became the military Governor.
4-. The New Quartering Act - Directed authorities to provide lodging for soldiers.
1. Madison became president in 1809
2. Napoleon: leader of france - wanted americans to fight Britain - promised not harass American ships
3. War Hawks: Newcomers in the of Rep. From the southwest wanting war with Britain.
4. Henry Clay: Rep. Kentucky, Speaker of the house
5. Tecumesh: led Indian uprising during this time. Wanted to unite all the tribes (Battle of Themes)
6. William H. Harrison: General at this time. Crushed the Indian rebellion.
7. Oliver Perry: Navy commander, won the battle on Lake Erie.
8. Andrew Jackson: New Orleans - “Needles Battle” because a treaty of peace had been signed 15 days earlier/.
9. Francis Scott Key: after the British had taken and burned DC (capitol and white house) they attacked Baltimore but Americans held on in a furious battle.
10. Treaty of Gent: Between British and US. Ended war of 1812- neither side gained much, returned presidents and restored boundaries.