39. In Proportional systems, - gain about 10%
40. In the 1949 plurality, 1-seat election for the New York City Council, the Democrats won 59% of The seats and 52.6% of the votes.
41. In the 1949 plurality, 1-seat election for the New York City Council, the Liberals won 0% of the seats and 13.7% of the votes- won 9% of the seats and 13.7% Of the votes.
42. Through which of the following electoral systems was a Minor political party, such as the American Labor and Liberal Parties, more -Proportional PR System
43. Which of the following electoral systems tended to waste The least votes on loser Candidates in elections for the New York City (NYC) Council?-Proportional PR System
44. Which of the following electoral systems was more likely To result in one party winning a seat majority in parliament? Plurality
45. When one party - generally may need Minor/Populist had 22 seats
46. During the 1897-9 period - had 51 Seats/Whig party fell.
47. Populism was characterized - private Power (especially if the ones holding that power were large banks and Corporations)./Christian social identity, racial hierarchy, and Romantic individualism
48. Classical liberalism - against both the Catholic Church and the Spanish Crown in Mexico./importance Ofthe Liberty of individuals to exercise their freedoms as long as their freedoms do Not restrict the liberties of others.
49. Despite the Resistance of many - Texas joinedthe Confederacy.
50. In control from 1870 to 1874, the - a public education system and constructed extensive roads, railroads, bridges, and Government buildings.
51. After Reconstruction, - single Party in power from Austin to Richmond.
52. To maintain their hold on - used Racially motivated appeals to voters, patronage Systems
53. The demands of labor groups - small-government Principles/communist or Socialist.
54. The biggest challenge - black Voters or groups of old Unionists who/only one-third
55. Rather - by the Farmer’s Alliance/out Of a group of farmer and rancher cooperatives