- Branded content: it consists in generating content linked to a brand to connect that brand with
The customer and transmit values of the brand. Ex: Popeye.
- Conglomerate: it is a combination of two or more corporations engaged in entirely different Businesses that fall under one corporate group, usually involving a parent company and many Subsidiaries. Ex: The Big 6 (Warner, Disney, CBS, Viacom, Comcast, News Corporation)
- Digital age: it is a period in human history characterized by the shift from traditional industry that
The Industrial Revolution brought through industrialization to an economy based on information
Computerization. It is the product of digital revolution.
- Distortion of information: it is the phenomenon that happens when media shares to its public a Different information to what journalists actually retrieved. It often happens because of the sharing Of biased information to benefit media owners.
- EGM: Estudio General de medios. It is a study about media consumption in Spain. It’s published
By the AIMC (Asociación para la Investigación de Medios de Comunicación) and it analyzes TV,
Radio, press, magazines, cinema, Internet and much more.
- Globalization: it is an economic, technologic, social and cultural process in a planetary scale Consisting on the growing communication and their markets thanks to some social, economic and Politic transformations that give it a global character. Its is a dynamic process produced by Capitalist societies.
- Infotainment: it is an acronym of information and entertainment, what designates the content of
Programs based on information, but it also includes entertainment to achieve more population.
- Media ownership: it is a process whereby progressively fewer individuals or organizations Control increasing shares of mass media. It makes a highly concentrated market dominated by a Very small number of firms.
PBS (Public Broadcasting Service): it is an American public TV chain. It is not a commercial
Broadcast type of TV as it is centered in local and also educational shows.
- Primetime: (or peak time): Part of daily broadcast time during which the number of listeners or Viewers is the highest. In radio broadcasting, there are commonly two prime times: Morning drive (6 a.M. To 10 a.M.), and Afternoon or Evening drive (3 p.M. To 7 p.M.), Monday through Friday. In TV broadcasting, the only prime time is from 4 p.M. To 8 p.M., Monday through Saturday, and from 7 p.M. To 11 p.M. On Sunday.
- Public Interest: Welfare of the general public (in contrast to the selfish interest of a person,
Group, or firm) in which the whole society has a stake and which warrants recognition, promotion,
And protection by the government and its agencies.
- Share: Percentage of radio or television sets tuned to a particular station or channel during a Given period.
- Social Media: it is media aimed at social interaction using easy and accessible technologies (i.E: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.). It involves blogging and forums and any aspect of an Interactive presence which allows individuals the ability to engage in conversations with one Another
- Storytelling: it’s a way of transmitting a message in an entertaining and memorable manner.
Stories allow us to capture our listeners’ attention, but they also make it more likely that they will
Remember what we are telling them.
- Big data: it is the management and analysis of data that cannot be treated in a conventional Form, and exceeding the limits and capabilities of commonly used software tools for capturing, Managing and processing data.
- Mainstream mass media: is mass media that influences a large number of people and both
Reflects and shapes prevailing currents of thought. It may be contrasted with alternative media
Which may contain content more dissident thought.
- Media concentration: it is a phenomenon in which a decreasing number of individuals and Organizations own media outlets effectively concentrating the ownership into the control of very few Entities.
- Trendhunting: is a term coined in the early 1990s referring to a new breed of marketing
Professionals.It is their job to make observations and predictions in changes of new or existing
Cultural trends. Coolhunters operate most notably in the world of street fashion and design
- Global activism: activism is he use of direct, often confrontational action, such as a
Demonstration or strike, in opposition to or support of a cause By that, global activism is the
Expression of a collective identity through actions directed at a global public.
- Media map: are very useful tools to know and understand who is who, companies and Businessmen that control media, what messages are emitted and why. In addition, maps allow to See how business concentration is being generated.
- New media: is a 21st Century catchall term used to define all that is related to the internet and The interplay between technology, images and sound. In fact, the definition of new media changes Daily, and will continue to do so.