|A great deal of meaning is conveyedby a few well-chosen words.||A few well-chosen words convey a great deal of meaning.|
|Our planet is wrapped in a mass of gases.||A mass of gases wrap around our planet.|
|Waste materials are disposed of in a variety of ways.||The city disposesof waste materials in a variety of ways.|
|"A Hard Day's Night" was written by the Beatles.||The Beatles wrote"A Hard Day's Night".|
|The movie ET was directed by Spielberg.||Spielberg directedthe movie ET.|
|This house was built by my father.||My father builtthis house.|
- He’s a doctor, isn’t he?
- You work in a bank, don’t you?
- You haven’t met him, have you?
- She isn’t coming, is she?
With auxiliary verbs (have and be)
- They’ve gone away for a few days, haven’t they?
- They weren’t here, were they?
- He had met him before, hadn’t he?
- This isn’t working, is it?
Without auxiliary verbs
- I said that, didn’t I?
- You don’t recognise me, do you?
- She eats meat, doesn’t she?