- A network technician is configuring port
Security on a LAN switch interface. The security policy requires host MAC
Addresses to be learned dynamically, stored in the address table, and
Saved to the switch running configuration. Which command does the technician
Need to add to the following configuration to implement this
Policy? Switch(config)# interface fa0/1
Switch(config-if)# switchport mode access
Switch(config-if)# switchport port-security
·Switch(config-if)# switchport port-security mac-address sticky
- On which switch interface would an Administrator configure an IP address so that the switch can be managed Remotely?
- Refer to the exhibit. Match the packets with Their destination IP address to the exiting interface on the router. (Not All targets are used.)
CCENT ICND1 100-105 01
- Refer to the exhibit. A ping to PC3 is issued From PC0, PC1, and PC2 in this exact order. Which MAC addresses will be Contained in the S1 MAC address table that is associated with the Fa0/1 Port?
·just PC0 and PC1 MAC addresses
- Which feature on a Cisco router permits the Forwarding of traffic for which there is no specific route?
·gateway of last resort
- Fill in the blank.
When port security is enabled, a switch port uses the default violation Mode of shutdown until specifically configured to use a Different violation mode.
- Refer to the exhibit. Inter-VLAN communication Between VLAN 10, VLAN 20, and VLAN 30 is not successful. What Is the problem?
·The switch interface FastEthernet0/1 is configured as an access interface And should be configured as a trunk interface.
- Which two issues might cause excessive runt And giant frames in an Ethernet network? (Choose two.)
·a malfunctioning NIC
- How will a router handle static routing Differently if Cisco Express Forwarding is disabled?
·Ethernet multiaccess interfaces will require fully specified static Routes to avoid routing inconsistencies.
- Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator Is reviewing port and VLAN assignments on switch S2 and notices that interfaces Gi0/1 and Gi0/2 are not included in the output. Why Would the interfaces be missing from the output?
·They are configured as trunk interfaces.
- Which address type is not supported in IPv6?
- What is the purpose of setting the native VLAN Separate from data VLANs?
·A separate VLAN should be used to carry uncommon untagged frames to Avoid bandwidth contention on data VLANs.
- Which two devices allow hosts on different VLANs to communicate with each other? (Choose Two.)
·Layer 3 switch
- 14. Question
How many /30 subnets can be created from one /27 subnet?
A network administrator is using the Router-on-a-stick model to configure a switch and a router for inter-VLAN Routing. What configuration should be made on the switch port that connects to The router?
- Configure The port as an 802.1q trunk port.
A network administrator is designing an IPv4 addressing scheme and Requires these subnets.
1 subnet of 100 hosts
2 subnets of 80 hosts
2 subnets of 30 hosts
4 subnets of 20 hosts
Which combination of subnets and masks will provide the best addressing Plan for these requirements?
3 subnets of 126 hosts with a 255.255.255.128 mask
6 subnets of 30 hosts with a 255.255.255.224 mask
- 17. Question
A network administrator has been allocated The IPv4 10.10.240.0/20 block of addresses for a LAN. Two devices on two Different, but contiguous, subnets on the LAN have been assigned the addresses 10.10.247.1/21 and 10.10.248.10/24, respectively. The administrator has to Create a third subnet from the remaining address range. To optimize the use of This address space, the new subnet will follow on directly from the existing Subnets. What is the first available host address in the next available Subnet?
When creating an IPv6 static route, when must A next-hop IPv6 address and an exit interface both be specified?
- when The next hop is a link-local address
Which statement describes the Cisco License Manager?
- It Is a free, standalone software application for deploying Cisco software Licenses across the network.
After a license has been purchased and Installed, what is the next step that is required before it is activated?
- Reboot The router.
An administrator wants to replace the Configuration file on a Cisco router by loading a new configuration file from a TFTP server. What two things does the administrator need to know before Performing this task? (Choose two.)
- TFTP Server IP address
- name Of the configuration file that is stored on the TFTP server
Refer to the exhibit. A switch with a default configuration connects Four hosts. The ARP table for host A is shown. What happens when host A wants To send an IP packet to host D?
- Host A sends out a broadcast of FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF. Every other host connected To the switch receives the broadcast and host D responds with its MAC Address.
Refer to the exhibit. Host A sends a data packet to host B. What will be The addressing information of the data packet when it reaches host B?
A user sends an HTTP request to a web server On a remote network. During encapsulation for this request, what information is Added to the address field of a frame to indicate the destination?
- the MAC address of the default gateway
An administrator who is troubleshooting Connectivity issues on a switch notices that a switch port configured for port Security is in the err-disabled state. After verifying the cause of the Violation, how should the administrator re-enable the port without disrupting Network operation?
- Issue The no shutdown command on the interface.
Refer to the exhibit. A network technician issues the command show vlan To verify the VLAN configuration. Based on the output, which port should be Assigned with native VLAN?
Data is being sent from a source PC to a Destination server. Which three statements correctly describe the function of TCP or UDP in this situation? (Choose Three.)
- The UDP destination port number identifies the application or service on the Server which will handle the data.
- UDP Segments are encapsulated within IP packets for transport across the Network.
- The Source port field identifies the running application or service that Will handle data returning to the PC.
Which three statements characterize UDP? (Choose three.)
- UDP Provides basic connectionless transport layer functions.
- UDP Relies on application layer protocols for error detection.
- UDP Is a low overhead protocol that does not provide sequencing or flow Control mechanisms.
What are two reasons why an administrator Might choose to use static routing rather than dynamic routing? (Choose two.)
- Static Routing is more secure.
- Static Routing uses less router processing and bandwidth.
A network engineer is troubleshooting Connectivity issues among interconnected Cisco routers and switches. Which Command should the engineer use to find the IP address information, host name, And IOS version of neighboring network devices?
- show Cdp neighbors detail
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator issues the show lldp Neighbors command to display information about neighboring devices. What can be determined based on the information?
- Device C1 is a switch.
What are three characteristics of the CSMA/CD Process? (Choose three.)
- A Device listens and waits until the media is not busy before Transmitting.
- All Of the devices on a segment see data that passes on the network medium.
- After Detecting a collision, hosts can attempt to resume transmission after a Random time delay has expired.
Refer to the exhibit. Which three events will occur as a result of the Configuration shown on R1? (Choose Three.)
CCENT (ICND1) 013
- Messages That are sent to the syslog server will be limited to levels 3 or lower.
- Messages That are sent to the syslog server will use 192.168.1.5 as the Destination IP address.
- The Syslog messages will contain the IP address the GigabitEthernet 0/1 Interface.
What type of installation is needed to view Syslog messages?
- A Syslog server must be installed on a workstation.
Which two things should a network Administrator modify on a router to perform password recovery? (Choose two.)
- the Startup configuration file
- the Configuration register value
What effect does the default-information Originate command have on a Cisco router that is configured for RIP?
- Any Default static route that is configured on the router will propagate to Other adjacent routers.
What information can be verified through the Show ip dhcp binding command?
- the IPv4 addresses that are assigned to hosts by the DHCP server
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has added a new subnet to
The network and needs hosts on that subnet to receive IPv4 addresses from the
What two commands will allow hosts on the new subnet to receive addresses From the DHCP4 server? (Choose two.)
- R1(config)# Interface G0/0
- R1(config-if)# Ip helper-address 10.2.0.250
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator needs to add an ACE to the TRAFFIC-CONTROL ACL that will deny IP traffic from the subnet 172.23.16.0/20. Which ACE will meet this requirement?
- 5 Deny 172.23.16.0 0.0.15.255
Which ACE would permit traffic from hosts Only on the 192.168.8.0/22 subnet?
- permit 192.168.8.0 0.0.3.255
Refer to the exhibit. Static NAT is being configured to allow PC 1 Access to the web server on the internal network. What two addresses are needed In place of A and B to complete the static NAT configuration? (Choose two.)
- A = 10.1.0.13
- B = 22.214.171.124
What is defined by the ip nat pool command When configuring dynamic NAT?
- the Pool of global address
Refer to the exhibit. When a packet arrives on interface Serial0/0/0 on R1, with a destination IP address of PC1, which two events occur? (Choose two)
- Router R1 will forward the packet out Gig0/1.
- Router R1 will de-encapsulate the packet and encapsulate it in an Ethernet Frame.
Refer to the exhibit. What would happen after the IT administrator Enters the new static route?
- The 172.16.1.0 route learned from RIP would be replaced with the 172.16.1.0 Static route.
Refer to the exhibit. Which static route would an IT technician enter to Create a backup route to the 172.16.1.0 network that is only used if the Primary RIP learned route fails?
- ip Route 172.16.1.0 255.255.255.0 s0/0/0 121
Refer to the exhibit. How was the host route 2001:DB8:CAFE:4::1/128 Installed in the routing table?
- The Route was manually entered by an administrator.
Refer to the exhibit. What will router R1 do with a packet that has a Destination IPv6 address of 2001:db8:cafe:5::1?
- forward The packet out Serial0/0/0
What is the purpose of the overload keyword In the ip nat inside source list 1 pool NAT_POOL overloadcommand?
- It Allows many inside hosts to share one or a few inside global addresses.
Refer to the exhibit. Which source address is being used by router R1 For packets being forwarded to the Internet?
Which three layers of the OSI model map to The application layer of the TCP/IP model? (Choose three.)
Which address prefix range is reserved for IPv4 multicast?
- 126.96.36.199 – 188.8.131.52
Which IPv6 prefix is reserved for Communication between devices on the same link?
Which type of IPv6 address refers to any Unicast address that is assigned to multiple hosts?
Refer to the exhibit. Packets destined to which two networks will Require the router to perform a recursive lookup? (Choose two.)
Refer to the exhibit. Routers R1 and R2 are connected via a serial link. One router is configured as the NTP master, and the other is an NTP client. Which Two pieces of information can be obtained from the partial output of the show Ntp associations detail command on R2? (Choose Two.)
- Router R1 is the master, and R2 is the client.
- The IP address of R1 is 192.168.1.2.