- 4 stages of loss -
1. Shock and numbness
2. searching and yearning
3. Disorganization and despair
- 5 stages of death -
- Conservative Jew - balance between Reform and Orthodox, still follow parts of Talmud, pray together, women can be rabbi.
eight - number of life
Gemara - Explanations of scripture
- Hagadah - prayers used during passover
- Hannukah - Miracle of light, candle last for eight days when originally was supposed to last for one. Jews took temple back from the Greek.`
- Kaddish - seven prayers said during shiva
- Ketivum - writings
- Matzevah - Consecration / Tombstone. Simple, no images. Tombstone unveiled at the end of mourning period. 6 months to a year after death.
- Minyan - 10 adult Jewish males
- Mishnah - The rules and guidelines from how you dress to what you eat
- Nev'im - prophets of tanak